Monday, January 25, 2010

Misadventures of the Village Idiot #40

Why is it when Monday morning rolls around I can never remember what I did on Friday? It's like a blur, and I don't even drink or participate in mind-altering drugs.

Friday
I left work early on Friday because it was just one of those days where I did not feel like being there. I was all cranky because I had a run-in with the mildly retarded four year old that works at the Ghetto Denny's in my neighbourhood. Every time that chick is on duty, there's some sort of altercation. I hate that Denny's but I go to it because it's in between my house and work. I got up quite early to try and cram in ten hours that I needed to make up. I call Denny's and order my food. The woman tells me 10-15 minutes. I finish getting dressed, play around on Twitter and Facebook for a few minutes, then I walk out the door. Took me about 15 minutes. It's a four minute drive up the road to the Denny's. So you would think my food would be ready by the time I got there. No, it isn't. the mildly retarded four year old asks me if I wanted to leave a tip. I told her no. While I'm an advocate for proper tipping, I do not generally tip when I get takeout service, unless I was provided with gold ingots or something. When I said I didn't want to tip, she gave me this snotty ass look. She said, "Are you sure you don't want to tip?" Yes, quite sure, thank you. "You don't want to leave a tip?" Isn't that what I just said! I especially do not like pushy people, especially since she is not even the woman who took my order over the phone and she wasn't even the woman who was getting my food ready in the bag. With unnecessary embellishment, she proceeds to swipe my card and ring me out. Fine.

The other woman gets my food out the window, puts it in a bag and with a nice smile, "here you go, honey." Mildly Retarded Four Year Old and the other woman were so busy talking that they weren't even paying attention to what they were doing, and unfortunately, neither was I. When I get to work, I discover that all they did was put my food in the box. No fork, no spoon, no condiments, no nothing. I ordered a waffle, so I was supposed to eat a dry ass waffle with my hands? I was so irritated. For some reason, that just really got on my nerves and put the whole day in a bad tone. I know, ditching work because I don't have a fork is a bit of an exaggeration, but I do what I want.

So I left, went to Wal-Mart to run my errands and then I came home to work out for a little bit. I called SF later that evening because we're still trying to see Sherlock Holmes. It must be a reason the Lord does not want me to see that movie because once again, we run our mouths so much that we missed the movie again. We wanted to go to dinner first, well, actually we wanted to go to dinner after the movie but I pointed out since the movie started so late there would be nothing open afterwards. We ate dinner at the Red Parrot and we sat in there until closing time; actually, after closing time because we were getting some annoyed looks from the wait staff. When I noticed the guy walking around, flipping all the chairs on to the table so he could sweep, I realised the place was closed. It was after 11 o'clock. The movie started at 10:20. Oh well. There's always next time.

Saturday
SF came over to the house Saturday afternoon for a movie marathon. There's all these movies she's been meaning to see. I would bring movies over her house, but I have blu-ray and a sound system. Her house is warmer, though. I always have to give her a blanket, a sweatshirt, a snow suit and a chinchilla muff so she can keep warm in my house. Hahaha. We watched Sense and Sensibility, Clueless, Gosford Park, and Interview with the Vampire. We started at 230 and finished at like 1 in the morning. Then we sat around talking until almost 3. We just talk too much, which is why we get on so well because we both never run out of things to say.

I meant to go to the club, but since we were in the middle of movie marathon, I could hardly kick her out of my house and besides, I was all warm and cosy.

Sunday
Sunday, I spent most of the day sleeping my life away. I did wake up for a little bit to wash my hair. I am now beginning a hair growing regimen. My hair grows quite well on its own, however, when it gets to a certain point it starts breaking off. Last week I came across some website about proper hair care maintenance for women who are natural. I had very long hair as a kid until I started abusing it. There's really no reason why my hair shouldn't grow all the way down to my feet like some black Repunzel. I spent about $200 on hair care products. I'm also trying to go natural as possible when it comes to hair care products. I have gotten rid of all my shampoos with sulfates in them. I learned how to make my own moisturiser and protein treatments. It's only been three days since I started doing this and already I see an upgrade to the quality of my hair. Hopefully it will stop breaking off. My number one problem is combing my hair like it's a piece of steel wool. I've always been very rough with it, mainly because I'm assured that it'll grow back.

After all that, I went back to sleep and slept until the late afternoon so I could watch the U.S. National Figure Skating Championships. Yes, I love figure skating. I wanted to be a figure skater when I was younger until I realised that you needed to be slim and in shape. Also, I was informed that you actually needed to know how to figure skate. Oh well for that dream.

SF invited me to a dinner given by some sorority/fraternity people. You know I'm not into the whole sorority/fraternity thing. It always seemed like you're buying friends. You pay a fee for a group of people to hang out with you and treat you like garbage. When I was at University of Maryland, a whole group of girls were parading around campus in fuzzy slippers, hideous night robes and curlers in their hair. I asked one girl what it was all about and she said she was a pledge for some sorority. Seriously? I have to walk around campus in my nightgown to prove I'm cool enough to hang out with you guys? Thanks, I can do that at home by myself.

Anyway, the party was fun. I guess these people used to do these Sunday dinners all the time, and that's all very pleasant. I met some nice people, watched the football game and just generally had a good time. I got to play a game of spades, and that was excellent because I don't often get to play. It's difficult to find three other people that know how to play and then get them all together. Naturally, I won, even though my partner was on another planet most of the time. It's all good. As long as I win. I tried to teach SF how to play chess, but I did end up ditching her so I could play spades. The guy had a very awesome hand-crafted chessboard.

Most of the people I met there were very nice and quite affable; however, there was one individual with an unpleasant attitude and another one who seemed to be desperately horny. You know, ladies, I've been single for quite some time. Part of that time, it was because I wanted to be and other times it was because I had no choice. There is very little to select from these days. Whatever the case may be, it is highly unattractive to display your desperation so prominently. She openly admitted that she was a cougar, and that's all well and good but she was overly flirtatious with a married man. He didnt' seem to be receptive, only polite. It was quite awkward, yet amusing because I don't think she realised that she was the butt of several jokes. It is perfectly well and good to be assertive, but it's quite another to be aggressive.

Since it was Sunday night and we all had to work in the morning, we decided to call it quits around 11. I went home and worked out for a little bit after gossiping on the phone with SF for a few minutes.

All's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment