Thursday, December 31, 2009

Senseless Scribbling of an Idiot #27: Happy New Year

So, even though it’s been flooding the Twitter-sphere, I’ve just come to the startling conclusion that this is the end of the first decade in the new millennium.

Wow.

It’s one thing to usher in a whole new year, but it’s quite another to stare down the barrel of another decade. Sometimes I feel much younger than I actually am. I never have a sense of my own mortality. I never think getting old. I never think about running out of time. For me, there’s this whole world out there and I can’t wait to see it.

This year I’ve reached That Total Age, and I’m so glad I don’t feel it. I pray that I should always remain so, never stagnant or complacent.

Our time in this universe is finite, and it’s something all we humans must deal with, but I don’t have to be a slave to it.

Happy New Year.

Happy New Decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment